Website The London Mobile Spa
Recruitment done Beautifully.
£24,000 – £26,000 a year to start + great benefits
Role available from September 2019
Our client boasts a luxury 4 star hotel & spa with a great reputation, which has been providing a high-end service to a mixture of clients staying for business and pleasure for over five decades. It is a 37 bedroom property with a 2 AA rosette Restaurant, relaxed bar lounge and Winter Garden. The Spa has an indoor/outdoor pool & terrace, 4 treatment rooms, steam room & sauna, experience shower and a mini gym.
This small team of spa professionals treat each other with as much respect as they do their clientele; and the hotel staff contribute by providing free meals on duty. Team work, loyalty and support is the backbone of this establishment and they are looking for an entry level, yet experienced Spa Manager to compliment their strong reputation and team culture and who will take a hands-on approach to managing all aspects of the Spa facility, driving sales and exceeding budgets and delivering exceptional service.
- A strong salary DOE, with 28 days holiday (includes public & bank holidays)
- Discounted use of Spa facilities
- Free meals on duty
- Free onsite parking
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual staff party
- Have experience of managing a similar size Spa operation and team
- Demonstrating strong leadership and personal presence
- Be able to demonstrate focus, energy and tenacity in the pursuit of results
- Have a friendly and compassionate demeanour
- Ideally be First Aid and Pool Plant qualified (training will however be provided)
- Be an excellent team player whilst having first class attention to detail
- Be sales driven and customer focused with excellent communication skills both face to face, on the telephone and via email
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate, influence and inspire others.
- Be highly organized, with robust admin skills including a strong knowledge of Health & Safety record keeping
- Be commercially aware, understanding the importance of working within costs and departmental budgets with experience of monitoring and supervising the maintenance of the Spa facilities and thereby ensuring that all equipment, plant and machinery are operating
- Be flexible in work with proven IT skills and good standards of numeracy & literacy
Duties and responsibilities:
- Management, development and motivation of staff.
- Actively assisting staff and customers giving advice and support in welcome meetings, workshops and events.
- Ensure treatments and services are carried out to a high standard as set during training.
- Monitoring treatment standards and performing ongoing training when required.
- Effectively drive treatment delivery to meet and when possible exceed targets for therapist utilization, repeat bookings, and treatments performed.
- Ensure all spa and beauty bookings are made in the most effective and productive manner, maximising treatment opportunities.
- Ensure that the spa and other beauty outlets are presented in excellent visual presentation.
- To take total control for all Health & Safety within the spa, ensuring that appropriate documentation is kept.
- Monitor and supervise the maintenance of the Spa facilities and ensure that all equipment, plant and machinery are operating correctly.
- Liaise effectively with the maintenance department to ensure effective repairs take place in a timely fashion.
- Manage the department’s Health & Safety obligations including Pool Safety, Risk Assessments, COSHH, General Maintenance checks, Fire training & Crisis Procedure.
- Monitor and control budgets and expenditure within the spa, assisting finance admin with the accurate and timely financial accounting.
- Manage stocks, carry out stock takes and manage orders so that they remain at or below budgetary requirements.
- Monitor and account for the handling and security of Retail and Professional stock distributed or received.
- Actively report to General Manager on a regular basis, reporting key issues and any operational issues or concerns and ideas for improvement.
- You will be required to work 40 hours per week on a 4 week rolling rota.
To be considered for this role, please send your most recent CV as well as a cover letter stating why you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to reviewing your application and helping you find your dream job!
The London Mobile Spa Recruitment – Recruitment done Beautifully.