We are recruiting for a Spa Receptionist on behalf of our prestigious Spa client in Ascot.
Please note that we are a recruitment agency acting on behalf of our client. There will be a three stage interview process for this role.
- Provide a professional and courteous reservation and reception service to Spa guests.
- Provide a consistently outstanding level of service while maximising revenue from treatment and product sales.
- If qualified and trained, carry out treatments on an occasional basis as and when required.
- You will be Reporting to the Senior Receptionist.
- The salary is £19,000pa and there is a commission on retail sales. It is preferable that receptionists are qualified therapists, willing to help out with treatments occasionally, for which a generous additional payment is made.
- Spa Receptionists work 40 hours per week, five shifts of 8 hours (8.5 hours on the premises including one half hour unpaid break and an additional quarter hour paid break most days). Shifts are a mix of early shifts (6.45am to 3.15pm), occasional middles (adjusted to suit the needs of the business but approximately 111 am to 7.30pm) and lates (1pm to 9.30pm).
- Weekends are the Spa’s busiest days and all members of the spa team work three weekends (Saturday and Sundays, shifts as above) out of four.
- The Spa is open every day of the year (including Christmas Day) and therefore most Bank Holidays are worked with double time paid and a day off in lieu.
- There is no public transport to the area and therefore it is essential that the successful candidate is a car owner/driver.
- Exceptionally high standards of grooming and personal presentation are required including hair up and visible makeup. Tattoos that would not be covered by our uniform of tunic and trousers will not be acceptable
- This is a pressurised position that requires the ability to multi-task while staying calm and in control.
- Meet and greet spa guests, members, visitors upon arrival, confirm treatment details, provide appropriate information, escort to changing rooms, carry out full orientation.
- Ensure positive, pleasant and supportive working relationship between Spa staff.
- Be highly knowledgeable on all treatments, make recommendations and up-sell as appropriate for the guest.
- Provide treatment information by telephone and email, take appointments for individual and group bookings, process into SpaSoft appointment system, send out confirmations and 24-hour reminders.
- Ensure that every guest is advised of our cancellation policy at the time of booking.
- Carry out show rounds of the Spa, explaining the facilities and services.
- Prepare guest bills, close to room accounts, credit card accounts or cash.
- Carry out administration tasks, prepare reports, etc.
- Take gift voucher requests, process in SpaSoft, and prepare vouchers.
- Open spa reception in the morning and close down at night, following procedures and checklists.
- Cash up at night, balancing reports and revenues, investigate and follow up on any discrepancies.
- Handle membership enquiries, provide information, carry out show rounds for potential members.
- Prepare therapists’ work schedules, be responsible for ensuring that therapists are aware of all changes to their schedule
- When fully booked endeavour to rearrange shifts or call in additional resources to accommodate treatment requests.
- Assist with stocktaking when required.
- Take direction and instruction regarding day to day operation and project work from Spa Management and Senior Receptionist.
- Give direction and instruction to Therapists and Spa Attendants to ensure the smooth running of the Spa and guest satisfaction.
- If job holder is a qualified therapist, to carry out treatments occasionally as required.
- To assist in keeping all areas of the Spa clean, tidy and perfectly presented and specifically the ladies changing room when there is not a female spa attendant on duty.
- Good, Basic Education level
- Experience in Spa, salon or hotel reception. Cash handling
- Computer skills. Able to type accurately with the desired ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written grammar and composition for formal written communication.
- Excellent social, verbal and communication skills
- Able to multi-task while staying calm and composed.
- Educated to GCSE level
- Qualified Therapist
- Spa reception experience in five-star environment
We look forward to hearing from you.
The London Mobile Spa Recruitment Team.